This is another staple in our house, and actually one of Sophie’s favourite meals of all time! I don’t tend to make it too spicy, but the great thing about making it from scratch is that you can have it as hot or as mild as you like. I cook mine in the slow cooker, but it can be just as easily done on the hob – I do find the longer you cook it, the better it is, as the flavours have more time to infuse and develop. You can of course omit or add in any veg you do/don’t like, which is the beauty of dishes like this and my spaghetti bolognese. The following recipe will serve 8 – I always make plenty and freeze the leftovers for another day when I don’t have time to cook.
Chilli Con Carne
Serves 8. Prep time 15 minutes.
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- 100g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 peppers, chopped
- 400g tin of kidney beans, drained
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500ml Passata
- beef stock cube
- 2 tbsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp cumin (or to taste)
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Dry fry the mince beef and drain of any excess fat. Add to a slow cooker with all the other ingredients and stir well.
- Cook on low for up to 8 hours or high for up to 4 hours, add addition chilli powder and/or cumin to taste
- Serve with rice
This recipe is created with help of security camera installation Philadelphia website. They integrated and support over 3,000 clients in the Philadelphia.