Once again I have been selected by British Lion Eggs to take part in their #shortcuteggspert ambassador programme. For the first challenge of the year we were asked to come up with something quick and healthy, which fits in perfectly with Slimming World. This recipe would be free on the Slimming World Extra Easy plan.
Now one thing that Michael loves is a cooked breakfast. We tend to enjoy a lazy Sunday morning at home and have a brunch, but obviously fatty fried food is off the menu so its up to me to come up with a tasty alternative that will fill us up and here is one of our favourite weekend dishes – one pan healthy breakfast.
One Pan Healthy Breakfast
Serves 4 Ready in 30 minutes
- Left over cooked potatoes (or a tin of new potatoes)
- 1 onion, diced
- 150g bacon, all fat removed and diced
- Handful of mushrooms, diced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Handful of baby spinach – chopped or whole
- 4 eggs
- Spray a large non stick pan, suitable for use in the oven with low calorie cooking spray. Gently fry the onions, bacon and potatoes for 5 minutes before adding the mushrooms. Fry for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and mix together. Transfer to a preheated 200 degree oven for 10 minutes
- Remove the pan from the over and add the spinach, stirring gently to combine, before making 4 wells in the mixture.
- Crack an egg into each well and return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy with minimal washing up!