When it comes to the end of the week I often haven’t got much left in the fridge, so dinners can be a bit of a thrown together affair. Eggs play a big part in this for me – they are so quick easy and versatile!
So while trying to figure out what I could make out of a completely random selection of ingredients, I came up with this quick and easy spinach and egg tortilla pizza – most of the ingredients you will have lying around the cupboard anyway. This pizza is also really healthy and filling and can be served as a lunch, or with a side salad for dinner.
Spinach and egg tortilla pizza
Serves 1 Cooking time 15 mins
For the pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Garlic powder/puree or fresh garlic
For the topping
- Handful spinach
- 40g mozzarella cheese, chopped into chunks
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Mix together all the ingredients for the pizza sauce and add a little water to thin it out, spread the pizza sauce over your tortilla base
- Put the spinach over the top, and then add your mozzarella, leaving a gap in the centre of your base for the egg
- Cook in the oven for 5 minutes
- Bring out of the oven and carefully break your egg into the middle of your pizza.
- Put the pizza back in the oven for around 5 minutes, or until your egg is cooked to your liking
Disclosure – I was asked to create this post as part of my role as a #shortcuteggspert and was compensated for my time with vouchers.