Affording Christmas can be a real struggle, especially when you have kids and every other advert on TV is for the latest (terribly overpriced) toy and all the kids say is I want, I want, I want… Then there is the food, the drink, the decorations, the works Christmas do and all the other little indulgences which make Christmas special – it all adds up!
Rather than getting in debt to afford what they want, which can be so stressful and really isn’t worth it, why not follow my top 5 tips to try to get a bit of extra money in before the big day!
5 top money making tips in time for Christmas
- Homemade is all the rage right now, so if you have a talent for making anything then embrace it, set yourself up a Facebook page and get out there – perfect if you have young children at home as you can work around school runs and bedtime routines (don’t forget you will need to set yourself up as self employed for this!)
- Selling unwanted goods can be so difficult, especially with postage costs so high right now, so sending CD’s, clothes and DVD’s all to one place, with free postage is a great solution.
- Start collecting all your loose change in a jar – it really does add up, especially if you start again – ok, it’s not exactly ‘making’ money, but you really won’t notice it!
- There are loads of survey websites around which you can earn either vouchers, or cash from. If you have a bit of spare time they are worth having a go.
- Make sure you cash in any points you have from supermarkets – look out for double points events and pick up gifts then, or save them up to do you big Christmas shop with.
Hopefully these tips will help with the financial aspect of Christmas, however they probably won’t help with tipsy relatives and getting the turkey cooked in time!!
Disclaimer – this is a sponsored post.